Mike McGlothlin, Featured Writer
Mike McGlothlin is a freelance writer and photographer specializing in diesel engines. His primary focus is technical and performance articles, with other interests within the diesel realm being event coverage and history. Mike has spent 99-percent of his 15-year, professional career in the diesel industry, and his work has been published in half a dozen leading national enthusiast publications. Mike enjoys attending a diesel drag race, dyno event or truck and tractor pull just as much as he revels in documenting an engine being torn down or pieced together.
*DrivingLine.com *Eastern Illinois University
*Diesel World Magazine Bachelor's Degree, Journalism
*Four Wheeler Magazine
*Ultimate Diesel Builder’s Guide
*Diesel Power Magazine
Blogs Written by Mike McGlothlin:
- Why The 8.3L Cummins Is Tougher Than The 5.9L?
- The Future of Diesel Engines
- How to Pick The Right Transmission For Your 4BT Cummins
- Why Do Diesel Engine Last So Long?
- How Does a Diesel Engine Work?
- Why Mechanical Diesel Engines Are So Much More Reliable Than Electronic Versions
- To Shutoff Solenoid or Not to Shutoff Solenoid: Answering a Common Cummins-Swap Question
- P-Pump Swapping The ISB 24-Valve Cummins
- 4BT Head Gasket Issues - How Common Are They?
- 6CT vs. 6BT: Cummins' Fully Mechanical , Ultra-Reliable Light and Medium-Duty Siblings
- A Tale of Two Legends: How The Cummins 855 Big Cam Evolved Into The N14
- Top ISX15 Problems
- History of The ISL Cummins - And It's Natural Gas Variant, The ISL G
- How to Pick The Right Transmission For Your 5.9L Cummins
- Diesel and Hydrogen: The Present-Day Solution For Reducing Emissions
- How (and why) The Cummins ISX Came To Be
- Caterpillar 3126 vs. Navistar DT466E
- Top 10 5.9L Cummins Problems
- Top 10 8.3L Cummins Problems
View more of Mike's diesel engine blogs today!